Wednesday, September 27, 2006

openBC to become Xing

I've just noticed that openBC is to be re-branded as Xing when it's receives it's new makeover.

Apparently, according to openBLOG it's going to be launched Q4, preferably before the end of November.

Also, I reading one comment on their blog, I've discovered that Germans pronounce Xing as: "iksin".

It's interesting as I bet they've chosen the word "Xing" as it's not a "real word" and therefore not tied to any nationality (they're making a big point of its multilingualism - which LinkedIn doesn't have... yet). Bit like Skype really, I guess.

As a Brit, I'd pronounce Xing as "Zing".

So, where does that leave us?

Technorati Tags - , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger John Horsley said...

Hi David,

Hope your well perhaps the X stands for cross so you get Xing or Crossing?

John

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home