Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Powers' New Book: A Friend In Every City

Ok, so I'm a sucker for buying books...

Anyway, The Powers' (that's Thomas and Penny not Austin & Nigel) are launching their new book this week "A Friend In Every City".

If you're a PowerNetworker or BlackStar you can download a chapter to read, which I did.

I looks like an interesting read; I enjoyed the e-Book "Networking for Life" that you get when you become a PowerNetworker, even if it was a little self-promotional.

A couple of interesting quotes from the chapter I downloaded...

"Blogging is live history. Google remembers you forever."

And (good tip here) - "the first paragraph [of your profile] is used by Google as explanatory text". (see my previous post - Web Profiles On Google)

Staying on the subject of profiles...the book says that Thomas "thinks your profile should be immortal. His profile has been written as if he is dead which spooks some people."

I'll say...having looked at Thomas' profile the first line says "Call me at anytime..." No wonder people are spooked...Thomas wants them to contact him beyond the grave ;-)

Looking forward to the full book.

Technorati Tags - , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home