Sunday, May 14, 2006

Anonymous LinkedIn Invitations

This has only happened a couple of times, and the most recent was the other day.

Someone sends me an invitiation to connect with the name "Headhunters Network". There's a string of positions this person (male or female) has apparantly been in, and they're all obviously false (always starting and ending in January, wow, (s)he's nothing by predictable) ;-)

These positions are probably just created to capture "former colleagues" who may use LinkedIn's re-connect tool.

Anyway, when they sent me their invite 3 days ago I noticed that they had 60 or so connections. Now they're up to 234. Taking a look at their contacts (which are all 2nd degree to me) I can see that they're just anyone who has posted their email address.

The invitation sent was the standard "Since you're a person I trust...", of course, they trust me so much they're not prepared to disclose their name.

So, I sent them a reply and said, "who are you", a reasonable request I think. Surprise, surprise, there's no response to date...

I can't understand why anyone would want to connect to someone like this. What would you get in return? Where's the value? Does anyone really think this person is adding their own contacts into their network...yeah, right. They can't even be bothered to explain why they've taken this apporach.

Suffice to say, I decided to decline. I may be promiscuous when it comes to connecting, but even I have some standards.

Technorati Tags - ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home